NodeDroid is 8bitcloud’s first go at an android application. It shows usage for a number of different ISPs and phone companies. Currently the following accounts are supported:
Please note that NodeDroid is not an official product of any of these companies. It will not be supported by them
- Allows multiple accounts
- Summary view in landscape, details in portrait
- Correctly adjusts for timezones. Rollover happens in the time zone of the provider, not local time
- Shows history, for the last month or monthly stats for the last year
- Shows remaining quota and how much can be used per day
- Shows breakdown of usage (e.g. phone calls, sms etc…), where available
How to get it
NodeDroid is available on the Android Market. The application can be installed by using barcode reader to scan the following QR code, searching for ‘NodeDroid’, or by using an app manager such as appbrain. If you click on the image below, you will be taken to the market page for the application.
Want another provider?
NodeDroid was designed to allow multiple accounts from different providers. Writing a new provider requires a bit of code though, which has to be tested.
On the 30th of December 2010, NodeDroid went open source. If you are a developer and wish to assist, please get in touch to see what can be done. The source code to NodeDroid is available at GitHub. If you aren’t a developer, but would be willing to share your credentials, get in touch with Bruce.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of features that will be added soon
- Vodafone prepaid mobile broadband
- Telstra prepaid
- Viewing bills, when available
- Purchasing data blocks
- Unmetered usage for Internode
If you have any further suggestions, please send them through using the support form below, or catch Bruce on twitter
I’m not really creating NodeDroid to make money, but if you feel that you would like to donate, I won’t say no.
Support for this application is provided by GetSatisfaction. Please go to the community page for 8-bit cloud to get your questions answered or raise an issue. Alternatively, ask a question using the form below and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.